Privacy And Legal Notice
Welcome to the website of Walsin Lihwa Co., Ltd. (hereafter referred to as the “Company”). Please read these terms carefully before browsing this website. The Company considers your browsing or using this website your agreement to these terms. If you disagree, please leave this website immediately and do not download any information from it. Any unauthorized use of any materials on this website may violate copyright, trademark, and privacy laws as well as relevant communication laws and regulations.
Intellectual Property Right and Trademark
The Company or other right owners have the intellectual property rights of this website including but not limited to trademarks, patents, copyrights, and proprietary technologies of software, programs, publications, and works, which include but are not limited to text, audios and videos, information, graphics, photographs, sounds, animations, sitemaps, webpage layouts, and webpage designs among others. The Company may allow you to browse, print, download, or store data from this website as long as you do so for personal and non-profit purposes. However, unless you have the Company’s specific written consent, you are not allowed to reproduce, broadcast, exhibit, transmit, and/or distribute data from this website or use such data for other commercial purposes.
Prior written consent by the Company is required for any use of Walsin Lihwa, Walsin, and/or the logo and trademark owned by the Company. All the registered trademarks disclosed on this website belong to their registrants.
The information provided on this website is provided on an “as is” basis, and the Company makes no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, about the accuracy, completeness, reliability, suitability, and non-infringement of such information. The Company reserves the right to change the information provided on this website without prior notice. Unless the Company provides explicitly a written guarantee for the accuracy, completeness, and reliability of the information disclosed on this website, you are advised not to use such information as your reference for investment.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall the Company be liable to any direct, special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages to you possibly resulting from your browsing this website, including but not limited to the loss of profits or data, whether in an action in contract or tort or otherwise, resulting from your use of this website and any other linked sites, or any disclosure of documents on this website and any other linked sites. However, the Company has already reminded you of such possible damages to you.
Links to Other Sites
This website’s links to 3rd party websites are provided only for your reference. When you use any of such links, your browser will take you away from this website. The Company does not and is unable to review or control 3rd party websites, and you are solely at your own risk to visit any linked 3rd party websites.
The Privacy Protection Policy provided herein by Walsin Lihwa Co., Ltd. (hereafter referred to as the “Company”) applies to the individuals outside the Company, including customers, visitors to the Company’s website, users of the Company’s products and/or services, employees of the Company’s corporate customers and contractors, applicants for employment by the Company, and visitors to the Company. As a result, the Company announces its respect for and protection of the privacy of the individuals above pursuant to its Privacy Protection Policy introduced as below.
Personal Data Collection Policy
The Company may collect some of your personal data when:
- You provide information to the Company by email and/or phone or do so by someone else for you;
- You become a customer of the Company;
- You are in contact with the Company at meetings, exhibitions, and/or salespeople visits;
- The Company works with you or provides services to you;
- You disclose data by yourself;
- You use the Company’s products and/or services;
- You contact the Company through the contact channels provided by the Company;
- You visit the Company’s website or use the functions or resources on the Company’s website; and
- You participate the online events, surveys, become a member or apply for relevant services on the Company’s website.
Please be advised that your personal data may be gathered by other websites linked to the Company’s website. When you provide your personal data to the aforementioned other websites on your own accord, the Company’s Privacy Protection Policy is not applicable because such websites have their individual policies for privacy protection.
Categories of Personal Data Collection
Your personal data collected by the Company include what is prescribed in the preceding Personal Data Collection Policy. Suppose you choose not to provide personal data to the Company. The Company may not be able to provide services to you in the absence of such data. The Company only uses the data provided by you to manage its services and may contact you by email or phone with your consent. The Company may send service-related information to you only when necessary but rarely.
The data collected and stored by the Company include email addresses, names, contact addresses, telephone numbers, transaction data, data provided during transaction, logistics and billing data such as customs IDs and tracking numbers, your chat and service history with the Company, and other data you may provide such as your age, gender, interests, and preferences.
Personal Data Used by the Company
In compliance with relevant laws and regulations, the Company collects, processes, and uses your personal data only for the following purposes: 1) Availability of its website, products, and services, 2) business operation, 3) communications and marketing, 4) information system management, 5) supplier management, 6) opinion polls, 7) corporate security, 8) case investigations, 8) legal compliance, 9) website, product, and service quality improvement, 10) implementation and upholding of the Company’s policies and agreements, 11) investigations of data leakages, illegalities, and frauds, 12) advocacy, exercise, and/or protection of legal rights, 13) cybersecurity and fraud prevention, 14) recruitment and interviews, and 15) others.
The Company shall not use your personal data except to serve the primary purposes.
Personal Data Sharing
Your personal data shall be kept strictly confidential and shared only with the following receivers. Only with your consent will the Company share your personal data with third parties, and you may choose not to have your personal data shared with third parties.
For the preceding purposes, the Company may disclose your personal data to:
- The Company’s domestic and overseas affiliates and subsidiaries;
- The CPAs, auditors, consultants, lawyers, and other professionals providing counseling to the Company who have signed confidentiality agreements with the Company;
- The Company’s logistics and marketing support suppliers, among others pursuant to what is prescribed in the Privacy Protection Policy and its confidentiality obligation clauses;
- Relevant parties, competent authorities, government agencies and affiliates, law enforcement agencies and/or courts of law for advocacy, exercise, and/or protection of the Company’s legal rights; and
The third parties that advertise and provide plugins and content services on the Company’s website.
- You are advised to read such third parties’ privacy protection policies before your interaction with them.
Cross Border Data Transmission
As an international consortium with an international business presence, the Company may send your personal data to its domestic and overseas affiliates and subsidiaries as long as doing so complies with its Privacy Protection Policy. Therefore, the Company may send your personal data to other countries or jurisdictions. When doing so, the Company shall meet the data security standards as prescribed in applicable privacy laws and regulations there to protect your personal data. Suppose the Company sends your personal data to any country where necessary protection is not guaranteed. In that case, the Company shall further strengthen its information security measures and ask receivers to sign standard clauses of personal data protection to be accountable for data security obligations. Those mentioned above are all intended to strengthen the protection of your personal data.
The Company has taken proper security measures both organization- and technology-wise to prevent your personal data from damage, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized access or unauthorized or unlawful processing by accident or intention.
Given the Internet’s openness, data transmission on the Internet is not entirely secure despite all the reasonable measures taken by the Company to protect your personal data. Therefore, as the Company cannot completely guarantee the security of your data transmission on the Internet, you will bear the possible risks throughout the transmission process, and you must make sure for yourself there is no security issue with your data transmitted to the Company.
Correctness of Data
The Company is committed to reasonable measures to ensure the correctness and timeliness of your personal data. Therefore, when the Company finds any error in your personal data, correction or deletion will be made immediately.
Principle of Least Privilege
The Company is committed to reasonable measures to ensure your personal data are only processed when they are reasonably relevant to the purposes as prescribed in its Privacy Protection Policy, and they are only processed for such reasonable purposes.
Personal Data Retention Period
The Company shall take every reasonable measure to ensure your personal data are only processed pursuant to the purposes as prescribed in its Privacy Protection Policy, and such data are kept only when necessary and as short as possible. The criteria for the Company to decide how long your personal data are kept in identifiable forms are:
- Duration of your ongoing relationship with the Company;
- What is required for processing your personal data pursuant to the purposes as prescribed in the Privacy Protection Policy for the Company’s legitimate interests in such purposes, e.g., during contract fulfillment, and;
- Relevant statutes of limitations, e.g., fixed periods of time during which anyone else can bring a legal proceeding to the Company regarding your personal data.
Within one year of the expiry of the periods mentioned above, therefore, if anyone asserts any legal right before a statute of limitations expires, the Company still has reasonable time to confirm the personal data related to the cause of action made. When the Company keeps your personal data, the Company shall only access such data out of causes of action and legal obligations and shall only process your personal data to store and secure such data.
In addition to the aforementioned period criteria, if anyone asserts any legal right to your personal data. The Company still may continue processing such data within the period necessary for addressing such a right.
After the retention period expiry, the Company shall permanently delete or destroy relevant personal data or anonymize your personal data.
Your Legitimate Rights to Your Personal Data
- You may refuse to provide personal data, but the Company would therefore be unable to ultimately provide its website functions, products, and/or services to you and would be unable to process what you request in the absence of necessary data;
- You may access and review your personal data, request copies of such data, and inquire how such data are processed;
- You may ask to have incorrect personal data corrected;
- You may delete and/or restrict processing of your personal data for legitimate reasons;
- You may request transfer of your personal data in a structured and machine-readable form to others as long as it is possible to do so;
- You may withdraw your consent for the Company’s processing of your personal data as long as your withdraw does not affect the justifiability and legitimacy of the Company’s processing of such data before your withdraw nor the legitimacy of the Company’s processing of such data in other legitimate ways; and
- You may file complaints with data protection authorities regarding the Company’s processing of your personal data, particularly the data protection authorities in the European Union where you live or work and your personal data are breached.The aforementioned does not affect other legal rights you can exercise. If you want to exercise other legal rights or have any question about such rights, the Company’s Privacy Protection Policy, and how your personal data are processed, please refer to the contact information of the Company to contact the Company.
- Under certain circumstances, before the Company can provide any assistance regarding the rights you assert, you need to provide your personal identification information to exercise such rights; and
- When what you assert needs to prove some other facts first, such as confirmation of whether your personal data have been processed in compliance with relevant laws and regulations, the Company shall verify related facts as soon as possible to decide how to process what you assert.
On the Company’s website, the Company uses 1st and 3rd party cookies. 1st party cookies are created by the company’s website to identify language and location preferences or render basic site functionality. 3rd party cookies belong to and are managed by other parties. These cookies may be required to render certain forms or to allow for some advertising outside the Company’s website.
The Company may at any time update its Privacy Protection Policy provided herein to protect users’ personal data better, maintain online privacy, comply with changes in law and regulatory requirements, and stay abreast with the latest technologies. Accordingly, you are advised to understand the Company’s Privacy Protection Policy changes again when you revisit the website.